Christopher Y. Mills
Christopher Y. Mills advises financial institutions, funds, businesses, and real estate owners and developers on a variety of real estate and corporate transactional matters. He has extensive experience representing lenders with originations, acquisitions, servicing, and disposition of commercial loans. Much of his practice focuses on advising government-backed lenders on the bulk purchase and sale of mortgages for properties throughout the United States. With deep experience advising clients in the financial services industry on transactional matters, Chris also advises on corporate governance matters for these clients as well as for companies in other industries.
Chris represents financial institutions, funds, businesses, and real estate owners and developers with a variety of real estate and corporate transactional needs. In addition, he serves as outside general counsel to middle market companies including Florida Business Development Corporation, one of the largest Small Business Administration (SBA) lenders in the United States. In this role, he works with clients to address a full range of business and legal issues, including employment matters, real estate leases, regulatory compliance and other matters.
An attorney for more than a decade, Christopher has extensive experience representing lenders with originations, acquisitions, servicing, and the disposition of commercial loans. He also represents a varied business clientele with their corporate governance matters.
Christopher earned his J.D. from Stetson University College of Law. During law school, he clerked for Georgia Supreme Court Justice Carol Hunstein. After completing his J.D., he served a term as a staff attorney for the Georgia State Special Judiciary Committee. Christopher received his B.S. in Political Science from Jacksonville University. In his spare time, he enjoys offshore fishing, clay shooting and spending time with his family.
701 S. Olive Avenue, Suite 105
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Corporate and Securities
Investment Services (Chair)
Mergers and Acquisitions
OFAC Blocked Funds and Other Sanction Relief
Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 2008
Jacksonville University, B.S., 2003, Political Science
- Represented the buyer in the purchase of non-performing loans in the total amount of $66 million from a bank headquartered in Miami, Florida.
- Represented the buyer in the purchase of non-performing loans and commercial foreclosure deficiencies in the amount of $11 million from a Florida bank.
- Represented the seller in the sale of 24 non-performing loans in the total amount of $24 million, secured by assets located in Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama.
construction of fuel station.
- Represented the borrower in the workout of a $46 million loan secured by a retail shopping center in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Represented the seller of three multifamily apartment complexes in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Serves as corporate counsel to one of the largest SBA lenders in the nation.
- Represented a national automobile rental company in its creation of an indirect lending program.
- Negotiates participation agreements on behalf of lending entities that partner in originating loans.