bryan e. busch, esq.
Mr. Busch represents a wide range of financial services clients including financial institutions, family offices, hedge funds, banks, credit unions, servicers and investors in all types of financial litigation. Mr. Busch works with lenders in analyzing loan default options, initiating suits on commercial and consumer notes, providing lender liability defenses, implementing collection strategies and identifying and recovering collateral. Mr. Busch represents investors in enforcing and protecting equity investment rights and securities litigation.
Mr. Busch also counsels corporate clients and individuals in all types of business disputes including breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, securities litigation, insurance coverage, non-compete obligations, property rights and business torts. Mr. Busch also works with individuals in catastrophic personal injury cases and has experience representing inmates against federal and state prison systems for wrongful imprisonment, physical or sexual abuse, constitutional violations and intentional torts under the Federal Tort Claims Act.
In the legal community, Mr. Busch is actively involved in the State Bar of Georgia Litigation Section, the Cobb County Bar Association, and the Cobb County Chamber of Commerce. Mr. Busch earned his J.D. cum laude from Georgia State University College of Law and received his B.S. in Business Finance from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Mr. Busch is a member of the Atlanta Athletic Club and enjoys golf, tennis and raising his three boys.
6400 Powers Ferry Road,
Ste 391, Atlanta, GA 30339
Georgia State University College of Law, J.D., 2000, cum laude
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, B.S., 1997, Business Finance
Georgia Court of Appeals
Georgia Supreme Court
United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia
11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Obtained defense verdict from 12 person jury after eight-day trial in breach of fiduciary duty claims involving former business partners.
- Won $15 million directed verdict from trial court for community bank against borrower and guarantors for default on promissory notes.
- Won defense verdict from 12 person jury for commercial landlord in breach of fiduciary duty and fraud claims arising out of joint real estate venture.
- Obtained defense verdict from 12 person jury for individual in fraud and securities claims involving business investments.
- Won $2.5 million judgment from 12 person jury on behalf of lender against borrower and guarantors for default on promissory note.
- Obtained judgment from 12 person jury for recovery of unpaid construction fees and attorney’s fees in breach of contract case involving construction of fuel station.
- Obtained permanent injunction against city government for damages and attorney’s fees in nuisance/trespass action involving surface water flooding.
- Successfully defended fraud claims in adversarial bankruptcy proceeding involving sale of business.
- Recovered brokerage commission and attorney’s fees from 12 person jury in connection with the sale of a business.
- Obtained defense verdict from 12 person jury for manufacturer in breach of warranty claim involving custom product.
- Obtained $17 million jury verdict for community bank against borrowers and guarantors for default on note.
- Obtained damages, attorney’s fees and possession of commercial premises for building owner in action against tenant.