Busch Mills is an industry leader in structuring, sourcing and closing transactions for family offices, private equity funds, hedge funds, broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, high net worth individuals and institutional investors. Our Investment Services Group handles the evolving needs of investment entities throughout their life-cycle, including the formation and structuring of equity and debt funds, on-going advisory services, co-investment programs, tax planning, regulatory and compliance requirements, risk mitigation and capital deployment. The firm’s mission on every client interaction is to “preserve assets” and “promote returns.”
Our attorneys have decades of experience with private equity funds, capital raises, mergers and acquisitions, debt facilities, PIPE (Private Investment in Public Equity) transactions, tax-advantaged investments, SEC compliance, joint ventures and many other investment vehicles. The Investment Services Group ensures that each client receives customized advice, planning and pragmatic risk assessments individually tailored for each transaction. We are uniquely positioned to complete each transaction with unparalleled speed and efficiency and within budget.
- Multiple debt and equity investments for leading Connecticut-based family office ($1B AUM) in middle-market information services companies;
- Formation, ongoing representation and various transactions for SEC-Registered Investment Advisor ($500MM AUM);
- Structure and launch $50MM Alternative Income Fund focused on mezzanine and opportunistic debt faciliites;
- Sale of healthcare IT portfolio company ($40MM) by family office client to NASDAQ listed healthcare leader ($5.6B value);
- Ongoing representation of SEC-registered institutional asset manager ($8.5B AUM) focused on structured credit (asset-backed securities and loans) and private equity investments; and
- Establishment of private equity fund to originate SBA government guaranteed loans.
Corporate and Securities
Adam M. Slipakoff leads the firm’s Corporate and Securities Group advising clients on fund formation, capital raises, mergers and acquisitions, international and domestic investments, tax strategies and optimization, federal and state securities requirements, liquidity events, and a wide range of other issues including:
- Venture Capital – Private placements and GP/LP equity and debt transactions.
- Capital Raise Transactions – Angel and seed-round financings, preferred returns, co-investments, PIPEs, Reg. A+ public offerings (IPO).
- Merger, Acquisition and Disposition – Asset sales, joint ventures and strategic partnerships.
- Debt – Asset backed lending (ABL), mezzanine debt, bridge loans and other convertible debt.
- Securities and Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) Compliance – SEC and state (“blue sky”) registrations, exemptions and reporting.
Christopher Y. Mills and the firm’s Lending Team counsel clients in complex debt transactions involving real estate, business loans, construction loans, accounts receivable, inventory and various other collateral sources. From negotiating and preparing initial term sheets through the closing of each transaction, the Lending Group provides specialized counsel in the following areas:
- Traditional debt and security instruments
- Personal and corporate guarantees
- Equity options and Warrant Coverage
- Government Sponsored Lending Programs
- Disposition or Acquisition of Securitized or Whole Loan Pools
- Structured leverage (borrowing to increase returns on pooled loans)
- CMBS Defeasance
- Loan Origination Participation Agreements
- Regulatory Counsel for Government Guaranteed Loan Programs
Real Estate Investment
Howard P. Slomka and the firm’s Real Estate Investment Group provide experienced legal counsel to clients utilizing commercial and residential property acquisition as a primary investment vehicle or as part of a diversified strategy. The firm’s attorneys provide valued insight into all facets of real estate investment including:
- Real Property Acquisition and Management
- Formation of ownership structures
- Development and Construction
- Leasing and Property Sales
- Residential real estate pools
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT)
- 1031 Tax Exchanges
- Title Review and Insurance
Enforcement and Recovery
Bryan E. Busch leads the firm’s Enforcement and Recovery Team providing clients with legal counsel ensuring compliance with loan agreements, protecting equity investment rights, and identifying and recovering collateral. The firm’s risk management and liability mitigation expertise includes the following:
- Servicing, monitoring, and auditing debt and equity investments
- Identifying and preserving non-traditional collateral options
- Collateral Analysis, Recovery and Resell
- Post judgment collection of individuals and entities
- Enforcing and protecting equity rights
- Federal and State Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.), chairman of the Judiciary Committee, called for the firing of BOP...
We are pleased to announce that Christopher Y. Mills, Bryan E. Busch, and Howie Slomka were...
The COVID-19 pandemic and its corresponding economic shutdown has impacted businesses in countless...