The goal for litigating claims for our financial services and business clients is to maximize return while minimizing costs, risks and exposure to counterclaims. The litigation team has extensive experience in preparing standard lawsuits and deficiency actions after confirmation, seizing personal property through foreclosures and writs of possession, evaluating security interests under the UCC, engineering receivership actions for performing assets, forcing accountings of revenue and loan proceeds, collecting judgments through garnishments and seizures, and leveraging lawsuits into consent judgments.
Our experience allows us to successfully represent businesses and individuals in a number of different areas including restraining orders. We represent defendants and in state, federal and appellate courts involving a variety of matters such as:
- Business and Commercial Contract Disputes
- Suits on Notes, Guarantees or other Debt Instruments
- Investment Protection, Shareholder Derivative Suits and Securities Actions
- Business Torts (fraud, fiduciary duty, tortious interference, unfair competition)
- Insurance Claims and Recoveries
- Employment and Non-Compete Disputes
- Intellectual Property and Technology Disputes
- Collection Actions
- Real Estate Litigation
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Prisoner Abuse and Neglect
We are pleased to announce that Christopher Y. Mills, Bryan E. Busch, and Howie Slomka were...
The COVID-19 pandemic and its corresponding economic shutdown has impacted businesses in countless...
We are pleased to announce that our experienced multijurisdictional appellate team at Busch Mills...