Busch Mills’ corporate attorneys have expertise in venture capital and franchise transactions unmatched by many of the Southeast’s largest law firms. We counsel both entrepreneurs and established companies in structuring early and late-stage angel and venture capital transactions, and develop and prepare private placements, registered public offerings, hedge funds and project financings. Members of the firm have represented clients in connection with private placements of equity and debt securities, venture capital, project finance, joint venture transactions, IPO’s and ongoing SEC and state securities compliance issues.
Our venture capital lawyers regularly represent both issuers and investors in private capital-raising transactions. Our issuer clients range from start-up entities who are seeking seed capital to more mature entities who are obtaining mid- and late-round financings and bridge financings. Our investor clients include angels, venture capital funds, and private equity funds. We assist our venture capital clients in due diligence investigations of potential portfolio companies and help negotiate, structure and document their investments, whether in the form of preferred stock, convertible debt or another security. We also counsel clients as they prepare for and go “public”, and advise clients when they want to go “private”. Our team also assists both public and private companies in connection with federal and state securities law requirements when establishing executive and employee stock compensation plans or arrangements.
- Initial public offerings, reverse mergers into public shells and follow-on offerings (S-1, SB-1, SB-2, S-3, Form 10, etc.).
- Private equity financings such as venture capital financings and private placements (506 and 504 offerings).
- Prepare organization and offering documents for hedge fund offerings.
- Broker/dealer and investment advisor registration and regulations.
- Investment banking and underwriting.
- Leveraged and management buy-outs.
- Consultation on federal and state securities laws matters, including 33 Act registrations, 34 Act compliance, SEC and NASD enforcement actions, and blue sky law compliance.
- Representation of underwriters in connection with the placement of public and private debt and equity securities.
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act issues, design and implementation of Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance and supervisory policies and procedures.
Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.), chairman of the Judiciary Committee, called for the firing of BOP...
We are pleased to announce that Christopher Y. Mills, Bryan E. Busch, and Howie Slomka were...
The COVID-19 pandemic and its corresponding economic shutdown has impacted businesses in countless...